5th İstanbul Tattoo Convention
Ticket sale continues at the door!
1. All tattoos entered into the contest must be started/finished at the Convention area. There is an obligation to finish Tattoo piece during Convention. Finished/healed tattoos can be registered into a different category. And Tattoo artists cannot make touch up to healed tattoos, no exceptions.
2. Tattoo models must be present during registration.
3. All tattoos entered into the contests must be performed by artists in attendance at the convention.
4. Artists can register in each category with only 1 tattoo.
5. A single tattoo cannot be registered in different categories at the same time.
6. Finished/healed tattoos can be registered into the only healed Tattoo category.
7. Both the tattoo artist and the collector must be present to receive their trophies. Awared artist cannot leave Convention area till reward delivery.
8. Photographers from multiple tattoo and life-style magazines will be present to photograph contest winners and participants. Istanbul Tattoo Convention reserves the right to publish these photographs for promotional and for documentation purposes. All artists comfirm this in advance.
1. Best of the Show: In this category for a tattoo to be registered; it has to be one of the winners from contest categories.
2. Smallest Tattoo: Any style of Tattoo- Smaller than 7 cm.
3. Dot-Line-Geometric: Dotwork, linework and geometric pieces can be entered into this category.
4. Old School: Western or traditional American Tattoo style featuring bold black outlines and a limited color palette.
5. Portrait: Tattoo must be representation of someone and original photo will be reference in this category.
6. Ornamental: A style of tattooing that is based on traditional decorative designs and body flow.
7. Black and Grey: Must be only black, grey or white ink used. Tattoos with any color, dots will not be judged in this category.
8. Color: Any style of with color used prefered.
9. Personal Style: This category includes pieces of ink that are truly unique, highly-creative and out-of-the-box. Category for pieces that do not fit into the other available categories.
10. New school: Influenced/modernized style by some features of old school tattooing. The style is often characterized by the use of determinative lines and interpreting tattoo design with different colors and line values.
11. Realism: A photo reference must be supplied on-stage for Best Realism.- Black & grey or color tattoos can be registered in this category.
12. Finished/Healed: This category includes totally healed/finished any style tattoo pieces.
13. Tattoo Queen: Woman participants who have more than one Tattoo, good tattoo representer with distinguished style.
-Any tattoo found not to be following the rules will be disqualified at the line by Official Judge on-stage.
-If a tattoo is disqualified there is no refund of the entry costs.
-Any artists found exploiting the rules or loopholes will be disqualified.